Monday 23 January 2012

Toronto - Libretto (Danforth)

I've been meaning to go here for quite some time now, hoping it will be a good substitute for Calgary's UNA (which I love SO much!), and it's a very good contender. The decor was really cool, and it was pretty similar to my most favourite pizza place, UNA. I've read some reviews on it, and a lot of people suggested calling for reservations ahead of time since it's usually packed. It must have been a slow night, because it was pretty much empty, and it wouldn't have mattered if I called or not. Service was really good, and our waitress was super friendly.



I had a look at the menu via their website before we got to the restaurant, so I already knew what I wanted: the formaggi and the mushroom pizza. Unfortunately, my boyfriend refused to have two meatless pizzas, so we got the sausage instead of the mushroom. The sausage was good, the formaggi was better. I really have nothing bad to say about the pizzas, although I wouldn't say they are better than the ones at UNA. However, Libretto did thoroughly fulfill my gourmet pizza craving. I will definitely be back to try other things on the menu.






Libretto
550 Danforth Avenue Toronto, ON M4K 1P7
(416) 466-0400

Pizzeria Libretto on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment