Saturday 19 May 2012

Toronto - Menchie's

Continuing on with my eating binge topic, I checked out a few dessert places this week, too. Okay, maybe not a few. Maybe just one. One that I'd been to twice in a span of 4 days. Menchie's! I mean, really, it's frozen yogurt. Is that even still considered a dessert? It's more like frozen healthy food, isn't it?

So I went to Menchie's last Friday, and then again on Monday. Eep. Terrible, I know. I didn't feel that bad, though, because on my first visit I signed up for a (totally free) Smileage card. How cute is that? It's kind of like a Shopper's Optimum card for frozen yogurt.

Menchie's is a self-serve frozen yogurt wonderland. The back wall is stocked with a myriad of flavours, and if two flavours next to each other complement one another, an arrow above indicates what it would taste like, should you choose to mix them. Once you're done choosing your fro-yo flavours, you can leave it as is, or head on over to the mix-ins section where they showcase an array of delicious toppings. I went a little overboard on the lychee popping boba the first time, but I quickly got tired of it on the second round. I think next time I go, I'm going to keep it simple with just 2-3 flavours and maybe 1 mix-in.

My only warning is that they charge per weight, so don't go crazy! I always pile on the toppings and I never, ever finish it.


Menchie's Frozen Yogurt
(905) 477-8300
3828 Highway 7
Markham, ON
L3R 0B5



Menchie's Frozen Yogurt (Markham) on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Hi Myrtle,
    Great post on Menchies Frozen Yogurt! Please e-mail me at natdecants@nataliemaclean.com. It’s about wine of course :)
    Cheers,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete