Friday 10 February 2012

Toronto - The Pie Shack

My friend, Lora, always talked about The Pie Shack, and how it's SO good. We tried going once, in the summer, after Burger's Priest. First of all, having pie after a huge burger wasn't the best idea. Second, we got lost, anyway. Our second attempt was about a month ago, and as soon as we got there, Tim (owner) was closing up. Well, we finally tried again last week, and I was AMAZED. I'm not even a huge pie fanatic; I'll have a slice of pie if and when it's available, but I never really crave it.



This place changed that completely. I've been craving pie EVERY SINGLE DAY. We got there pretty late, around 9ish, and by then there were only a few flavours to choose from. My friends got a chicken pie, and a beef pie; I got the strawberry & cream (with ice cream on the side, of course), but Tim was nice enough to slice off a piece of each of their pies for me to taste. Seriously, not even kidding, the best pie I have ever had in my life. Honestly. No lies. For real. I even bought another slice for my boyfriend to try, and he always shares his food with me, but this time he refused to let me have a bite.

It wasn't even just the pie that made the experience so amazing. The atmosphere of the place had a really chill vibe to it, the decor was creative and very comforting, and Tim is probably the nicest man you will ever meet. So, make your way over to the beaches as soon as possible - you won't regret it.

The Pie Shack
647 351 1411
The Beaches
2305 Queen St East
Toronto, ON





Beef Pie - Chicken Pot Pie

Strawberry & Cream w/ Vanilla Ice Cream

The Pie Shack on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment