Tuesday 21 February 2012

Reading Week in Calgary.

I went home to Calgary for reading week, and all I've been doing is eating - seriously. I can't help it! I always see my friends checking in at the most intriguing places on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and I thought I should make the most of my time here by checking out the places they visit. I honestly can't even remember all of the places I've been to, because I've been to so many food spots! But, I'll try.



Right after I landed, I went with a couple of friends to Cora's (which wasn't too exciting, we have a bunch in Toronto.) I don't remember what else I did that day, but the next day I had lunch with a friend at Marcello's in downtown Calgary. Marcello's was pretty cool; it was basically a buffet where you can take as much food as you want, and the price you pay depends on the weight of your plate. Over the weekend, I went with a friend to Overeasy Breakfast on Edmonton Trail (my next blog post will be on this restaurant, so I won't really go into detail), and it was as amazing as everyone claimed.

Today, I went to TWO pizza places, AND a sushi restaurant. Obviously, we went to Una, my most favourite place in the whole, entire world. We also went to Famoso Pizza on 4th st for some gelato - not pizza, unfortunately. I really wanted to try the macarons here in Calgary, but both places we went to were closed. Then I had dinner with my family at Sushi Ichiban on Macleod trail. I was already pretty full, but I can never say no to sushi!

Tomorrow? Yep, definitely still going out to eat! I just made online reservations at Farm for a friend and I, and I also have some lunch plans, so I'm pretty excited! I only have two and a half more days in Calgary, so I need to indulge as much as I can before having to go back to "broke student" status in Toronto. Let the eating commence continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment