Wednesday 24 August 2011

New York - The Halal Guys


The Halal Guys. Open from 8PM-4AM. Perfect for a late night bite, right? They actually have 2 stands; one on either side of the intersection.


When we got there, it was around 11:30PM, and both stands had a really long line! We ordered the chicken n' rice plate, and I gotta admit - it was delicious. Despite the fact that my brother had forced us to go here RIGHT after Shake Shack (the only break we got was the time it took for us to hail a cab and get to 53rd and 6th), I still ate it because.. well, I was in New York, and who knows when I'll ever get the chance to eat this again? I could only eat a little, but I did see some people eating a whole plate for themselves. Those people are insane. Or just really hungry. It was definitely worth stuffing myself, though. Just a warning, however: the hot sauce? It's REALLY hot. I'm the type of person who will put hot sauce on anything, but I put in 2 drops of the hot sauce, and my mouth was on fire; that was a pretty sad moment for me.

The Halal Guys - 53rd and 6th, Theater District - New York City





No comments:

Post a Comment