Thursday 15 September 2011

Calgary - UNA

UNA, UNA, UNA!!! My all-time FAVOURITE! Located on uptown 17th ave in Calgary, AB, this pizzeria is guaranteed to get you addicted. I miss UNA so much! Since moving to Toronto, I haven't been able to chow down on their delicious pizzas, and it really is quite depressing. Everyone always asks me what's so great about this place, and it's the ambiance, the atmosphere, the people, the food, everything! I always talk about UNA, and when a friend mentions they'd never actually been there, I make sure I try and bring them to the restaurant.


 I always order the same things: patatas bravas to start, mushroom pizza, and the 4-maggi pizza. I used to go to UNA solely for the potato pizza, but sadly they took it off their menu. Fortunately, the 4-maggi pizza is very similar to it. What makes it taste sooooo delicious is the truffle honey they use! MMMMMMMMM! The wait times are ridiculous - but there's a reason for that! I've waited an hour and a half for a table before, and it was absolutely worth it. Don't like to wait? Luckily for you, you're right on 17th ave, which is the perfect place for a leisurely stroll. Maybe get some exercise before you consume all those carbs, am I right? Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to grab some photos of the food before I left for Toronto, so I borrowed some off their website. Calgarians, when you get the chance, definitely check out UNA. Also, eat double.. for me!

Update: I FINALLY have some pictures of my own to share. Sorry for the random effects, I posted these on Instagram.


we got the chef's table, yay!


4maggi pizza on top, sausage pizza on bottom. on the bottom LH, a side of mushrooms. centre RH, crispy parmagiano.

a side of mushrooms (not on the menu, you have to ask for it.)

my absolute fav: the 4maggi pizza

the aftermath


UNA Pizza and Wine on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment