Saturday 10 March 2012

Calgary - Galaxie Diner

As I am a new food blogger, I wanted to start off with all the places I have been to, but instead I want to expose my city for the wealth of culinary culture it has and is still developing; Calgary can stand with the best, but still has a lot to learn in the culture that is food.

One of my favorite places to go is Galaxie Diner.

I have been going here for years. The home-style all day breakfast, with its perfect ambiance that fully suits the food you are about to consume. As for the food, my favorite is “the Calgary Sandwich”. An egg omelet that contains everything for a breakfast food: beef sausage, green peppers, bacon, onions tomatoes and banana peppers, all fused into the sandwich. Served on grilled brown bread and the pièce de résistance (being the best part that makes this meal compete), it also comes with unlimited hash browns. Nothing can go wrong with a large home-style vanilla milkshake of course! Just scrumptious. Though I have heard from others that the meal is slightly pricey for breakfast food, I have never turned down going here with friends, nevertheless.

Calgary Sandwich (background) and Cody Scrambled (foreground)


Galaxie's Calgary Sandwich
Other menu items I have personally tried and highly enjoyed are the “Montréal Smoked Meat Hash”, a mix of Montreal smoked meat served with an omelet along with toast, and the “Huevos Rancheros”; Galaxie’s own take on Mexican styled breakfast food. This includes tortilla with 'your way’ eggs, salsa and the option to add meat, bacon, beef sausage or ham (which I highly recommend). In addition to their Mexican twist, “Breakfast Burritos”, provides its breakfast rolled inside a tortilla. Lastly, “Cody scramble” is your traditional home styled scrambled eggs; very nostalgic to what I used to eat as a kid.


Galaxie's Montréal Smoked Meat Hash




Hope you enjoy Galaxie as much as I do!

Tip: on weekends (specifically late morning and afternoon) it's quite busy, don’t be surprised if you’re waiting for up to 20+ minutes

Galaxie Diner
(403) 228-0001
1413 1 St SW
Calgary, AB



Galaxie Diner on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment